Projects that PhytoLink’s directors have conducted in Australia and the USA include:
- initiated and managed the Australian Alternative Covers Assessment Project (A-ACAP);
- co-authored the WMAA’s ‘Phytocap Guidance Manual’ on the design, construction and maintenance of phytocaps;
- designed a phytocap profile for Lismore City Council’s Wyrallah Road Landfill;
- conducted a water balance analysis for a phytocap assessment at the Alice Springs Landfill;
- conducted an assessment of phytocap technology for Port Sorrell Landfill, Latrobe Council, Tasmania;
- in association with Central Queensland University, evaluated the performance of 50+ native species under landfill conditions for Brisbane City Council; and
- designed, planted and monitored (in association with Waste Solutions Australia), a groundwater hydraulic barrier at Mossman for Cairns Regional Council.
- co-authored a landfill cover guidance document for the US Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (PDF);
- designed a monitoring system for Energy Solutions Landfill, Clive, UT, USA;
- designed a monitoring system for US Ecology, Hazardous Waste Landfill, Beatty, NV, USA;
- prepared a cover design for High Plains Landfill, Great Falls, MT, USA;
- prepared a cover design for Valley View Landfill, Helena, MT, USA;
- designed a cover and monitoring system for Kiefer Landfill, Sacramento County, CA, USA; and
- reviewed cover designs for the US Department of Energy low-level radioactive waste landfills.